- B.S. in Economics, Concentration in Finance, The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, 1989
- J.D. with Distinction, Hofstra University School of Law, 1996, Editor-in-Chief of the Hofstra Law Review
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association, Business & Corporate Law Section
Gregory F. Brucia
Gregory F. Brucia is Senior Counsel at Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. Greg has been a transactional corporate and securities attorney for over 18 years.
- Corporate & Business
- Real Estate & Construction
Greg regularly works with entrepreneurs to structure and finance their business opportunities, including activities such as forming new business entities, structuring the relationships among the promoters, investors and various other stakeholders in the business, crafting technology protection and development strategies and helping the company raise sufficient capital to finance the establishment and development of its business. Capital raising transactions include seed money financings, friends and family financings, angel investments and venture capital investments. Once a startup business is established, Greg provides on-going assistance as outside general counsel to help clients achieve continued success by effectively and efficiently managing the myriad legal challenges they may confront as their businesses grow.
Greg spent the first several years of his career working in the capital markets practice groups in the New York offices of Baker & McKenzie and Shearman & Sterling, where his focus was on public securities transactions including mergers and acquisitions. In 2004, Greg moved to California and diversified his practice beyond securities and mergers and acquisitions to include a wide array of general corporate matters. Currently, Greg advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactional matters, including:
- Offerings of Debt and Equity
- Startup Structuring/Financing
- Merger and Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate Financing
- Private Equity
- Angel Investment
- Project Finance
- Venture Capital
- Commercial Leasing
- Corporate Governance
- Secured Transactions
- Outside General Counsel
- ’34 Act Reporting
Having worked closely with successful entrepreneurs and business leaders as a trusted advisor, Greg has an intimate understanding of the challenges faced by businesses in a competitive market. Accordingly, Greg is focused on understanding the particular goals and objectives of his clients and efficiently tailoring effective solutions to help them attain those goals and objectives.
Greg has also served as an expert witness for lawsuits involving securities fraud and other alleged violations of the federal and state securities laws.
- Formation and initial convertible debt financing of a developer of information technology security solutions.
- Formation and financing of a developer of cleantech and other distributed energy projects.
- Financing of a master planned community consisting of 48 single-family lots and related amenities.
- Concurrent reverse merger, private placement of common stock and technology acquisition by a biotechnology company.
- Acquisition of technology and assets of a flexible pouch packaging manufacturer by a large, multinational German product manufacturer.
- Represented venture capital syndicate on successful Series B round of financing for a software development company.
- Refinancing of an office building complex and concurrent restructuring of the ownership from a tenants-in-common structure to ownership by a limited liability company.