- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. again selected as one of “Top Orange County Law Firms”
- FSG’s Jim Stroffe featured in Orange County Business Journal’s “Law Firms Special Report”
- Robert Gerard and Bryan Friedman attend Surf Industry Waterman’s Ball event
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard once again selected as one of OC’s top law firms
Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
As an employer, you may need to completely re-evaluate how you engage contractors. A recent court ruling is likely to impact how the California Employment Development Department (which oversees worker classification issues for California income and employment tax purposes) will determine the employment status of a worker. Want to learn more?