- B.A., summa cum laude, University of California, Santa Barbara
- M.A., Michigan State University
- J.D., Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley
- State Bar of California
- Commercial Real Estate Women – Orange County, 2012 president; 2010-2013 board of directors
- California Department of Real Estate, broker
- Orange County Bar Association
- Athletes Touch
Jennifer V. Stroffe
Jennifer is a shareholder at Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. Jennifer is experienced in the structuring, negotiation and closing of transactions which involve the acquisition, disposition and financing of businesses, real and personal property.
- Corporate & Business
- Real Estate & Construction
As a shareholder at FSG, Jennifer provides legal advice to businesses in all industries, while focusing on advising companies in the fashion and beauty industries, including apparel and action sports, to help them protect their brand, grow their business and increase their bottom line.
During her tenure at FSG, Jennifer has represented clients ranging from local startups to public companies through numerous complex corporate and real estate transactions. Jennifer’s experience includes negotiating and documenting a wide variety of complex corporate and real property transactions including acquisitions and dispositions, debt and equity secured financings, leasing, venture formation, construction, development and tax deferred exchanges. Jennifer provides advice to her clients on all business matters, including corporate governance, intellectual property licensing, product distribution, manufacturing, leasing and all other real estate-related matters.
Prior to joining FSG, Jennifer was an associate attorney with the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins where her duties were split between the Real Property and Corporate Finance departments. Jennifer also co-founded a boutique real estate brokerage and investment company, where she oversaw the acquisition and disposition of real property assets, implemented investment strategies and opportunities on behalf of investors, and managed project construction from inception through completion. Before beginning her law career, Jennifer was a four year starter on the nationally ranked NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Teams for both UC Santa Barbara and Michigan State University and was recognized nationally as an All Big West player and Academic All-American.
News and Publications
- Publication on the topic “Apparel Companies – Are you Ready for a Department of Labor Audit in 2016?” (Shop-Eat-Surf May 2016)
- BisNow State of the Market Summit speaker on the topic “Capital Markets – How and Where Deals are Getting Done” (Feb 2016)
- Interview and publication on the topic “Should You Model Your Office After a Skateboard Company’s?” (September 2014)
- BisNow Summit speaker on the topic “Office of the Future” (September 2014)
- ICSC Western Division Conference Speaker on the topic “Vaulting to Success – How Women have used Sports as a Foundation of their Career” (September 2012).
- CRE Radio interview on the topic “Can Women Break the Glass Ceiling on Commercial Real Estate” (June 2012)
- OCBJ “Woman in Business Nominee” (May 2012)