- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California; U.S. District Court, Northern District of California; U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association Litigation Section; Sr. Lawyers Division; House of Delegates (1990-present); Sustaining Life Fellow
- Orange County Bar Association, Board of Directors;
- Orange County Bar Association, Masters Division
- Orange County Bar Association, Judiciary Committee (chair 1988, 1989, 1990, 2010)
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation Section (chair 1981); Real Estate Section; Appellate Law Section
- Peter Elliot Inn of Court (President 2013)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Board of Advisors Western State University College of Law (2004-present)
- The Pacific Club
Richard W. Millar, Jr.
Richard W. Millar, Jr. is Of Counsel to Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. He has been a practicing attorney in California for approximately 50 years.
- Real Estate & Construction
Dick’s practice is primarily business, real estate and construction litigation. Over the years, he has been hired by almost every title insurance company operating in Southern California to litigate real estate title issues. He has tried over 100 cases and handled over 50 Appeals. Dick has represented owners, general contractors and subcontractors in a wide variety of construction disputes.
Dick served for several years on the Orange County Superior Court’s Arbitration and Mandatory Settlement Conference panels. He has also acted as a private mediator. He has served as an expert witness in the Orange County Superior Court in attorney malpractice actions as well as attorney fee disputes.
Dick started his legal career in Los Angeles, first as a law clerk and then as Deputy District Attorney in the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office. He then moved into private practice and for the last 35 years was a partner at a prominent Orange County firm.
In 2015, Dick received the Franklin G. West Award from the Orange County Bar Association, which is the Bar’s highest award presented to an outstanding attorney or judge who has advanced justice and the law.
Dick has received Martindale-Hubbell’s A-V rating for 35 years. He has a 10 AVVO rating and is listed in Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in America, and Who’s Who in American Law.
Dick is a regular columnist for “Orange County Lawyer Magazine” with over 160 articles published.