- Jennifer Stroffe selected to “Southern California Super Lawyers”
- Article – Commercial Evictions Update – Is Your Business Protected?
- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. again selected as one of “Top Orange County Law Firms”
- FSG’s Jim Stroffe featured in Orange County Business Journal’s “Law Firms Special Report”
FSG Real Estate Department Negotiates Favorable Early Lease Termination
The FSG Real Estate Department successfully negotiated the early termination of a commercial lease for a San Diego based restaurant client, saving the client well in excess of $175,000 and avoiding costly litigation in the process. Although the restaurant operations were underwater, the lease guaranty was amply supported by a healthy personal financial statement and there was an enormous emotional attachment to the business venture. Through early intervention, intense negotiations with the landlord and a lot of empathy and emotional support, FSG Real Estate attorney Jim Stroffe was able to quickly complete the termination agreement reducing the client’s exposure to additional operational losses and minimizing the emotional turmoil experienced in the process. Grateful for FSG’s efforts, our client remarked, “I have never said this to any attorney, but you are worth every penny you charge me. Frame this!!!!!”