- Brian Matlock joins FSG as Partner
- Jennifer Stroffe selected to “Southern California Super Lawyers”
- Article – Commercial Evictions Update – Is Your Business Protected?
- Stephen “Rusty” Kozak joins FSG as an Associate
- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
As an employer, you may need to completely re-evaluate how you engage contractors. A recent court ruling is likely to impact how the California Employment Development Department (which oversees worker classification issues for California income and employment tax purposes) will determine the employment status of a worker. Want to learn more?