- Brian Matlock joins FSG as Partner
- Jennifer Stroffe selected to “Southern California Super Lawyers”
- Article – Commercial Evictions Update – Is Your Business Protected?
- Stephen “Rusty” Kozak joins FSG as an Associate
- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
Motion for Summary Adjudication on Payment Bond Claim Granted in Public Works Action
FSG litigation attorney Kimberly Wind represented a structural concrete subcontractor in a payment dispute against the general contractor and its surety, as well as the County of Los Angeles arising out the construction of a public works project.
Ms. Wind was granted summary adjudication by the court on the payment bond action and she obtained an award of the full principle owed, interest and reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Post-adjudication, the client agreed to settle for $231,693.41 which represented a 100% recovery of the claim, and assign the stop notice cause of action against the County of Los Angeles to the builder. Ms. Wind resolved the case within 6 months of retention by the client.