- Jennifer Stroffe selected to “Southern California Super Lawyers”
- Article – Commercial Evictions Update – Is Your Business Protected?
- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. again selected as one of “Top Orange County Law Firms”
- FSG’s Jim Stroffe featured in Orange County Business Journal’s “Law Firms Special Report”
Prominent business litigator Robert Adel joins FSG
Prominent business litigation attorney Robert E. Adel has joined Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. Adel most recently was a shareholder at the international law firm of Greenberg Traurig.
Adel is another in the group of high-profile attorneys that could be called “big firm refugees,” those who have recently left large national law firms because their middle-market business clients have balked at the high hourly rates. Smaller firms such as Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C., have substantially lower rates, so their clients can receive the same service and results at up to one-half the cost. Adel’s clients have included Plasticolor Molded Products, Inc., Hologic Corp., Road Ready Registration, Inc., Chase Merritt and W.S. Dodge Oil, Inc.
Adel is recognized as being in a small group nationwide of elite litigators with particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions litigation, involving working capital adjustments, earn-outs, representations and warranties in stock and asset purchase agreements, and related disputes. He has over 20 years’ experience in business litigation, including securities and consumer class actions, construction defects, product liability, professional negligence, fiduciary duties, unfair competition, and disputes involving mergers & acquisitions, real estate purchase and sale transactions, and partnerships.
Adel received his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of California at Santa Barbara, summa cum laude, and his J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall). He is a member of the State Bar of California, Litigation Section; Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation Section, Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee; Opus Connect (Co-Chair of Orange County mergers & acquisitions chapter); and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
“We are very excited to have such an exceptional litigator as Rob Adel join our firm,” says James D. Stroffe, managing shareholder. “Rob is well known throughout the legal community for his effective litigation skills across a broad range of matters. He will be a tremendous asset in serving FSG’s clients.”