- Article – Commercial Evictions Update – Is Your Business Protected?
- Jenna Griffin joins FSG as an Associate
- Stephen “Rusty” Kozak joins FSG as an Associate
- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. again selected as one of “Top Orange County Law Firms”
Article: “Apparel Companies – Are You Prepared for a Department of Labor Audit in 2016?”
The United States Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division (“DOL”) has announced it will be conducting random audits in 2016 within the apparel industry to determine compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), which includes, among other things, provisions on minimum wage, overtime, equal pay, child labor and record keeping requirements. In the past, these audits have resulted in companies paying substantial dollars in back wages arising from noncompliance for infringements by contractors used to manufacture goods. Read the full article.