- Brian Matlock joins FSG as Shareholder
- Jennifer Stroffe selected to “Southern California Super Lawyers”
- Article – Commercial Evictions Update – Is Your Business Protected?
- Stephen “Rusty” Kozak joins FSG as an Associate
- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
Article: “Apparel Companies – Are You Prepared for a Department of Labor Audit in 2016?”
The United States Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division (“DOL”) has announced it will be conducting random audits in 2016 within the apparel industry to determine compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), which includes, among other things, provisions on minimum wage, overtime, equal pay, child labor and record keeping requirements. In the past, these audits have resulted in companies paying substantial dollars in back wages arising from noncompliance for infringements by contractors used to manufacture goods. Read the full article.