- Stephen “Rusty” Kozak joins FSG as an Associate
- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. again selected as one of “Top Orange County Law Firms”
- FSG’s Jim Stroffe featured in Orange County Business Journal’s “Law Firms Special Report”
- Robert Gerard and Bryan Friedman attend Surf Industry Waterman’s Ball event
FSG Victorious in Obtaining Ex Parte Appointment of Receiver and Prohibitive Injunction
FSG attorneys Jim Stroffe and Jennifer Stroffe successfully secured an order for injunction and appointment of a Receiver in a case involving multiple out-of-state defendants, with properties located in several different state jurisdictions pursuant to an ex parte application filed in the US Federal District Court for the Central District of California. By immediately mobilizing its attorneys to simultaneously file a multiple count complaint consisting of over 100 pages and an ex parte application consisting of over 600 pages, FSG was able to obtain this extraordinary relief on an expedited basis despite the general reluctance of courts to issue appointment orders and numerous obstacles raised by defendants’ counsel. At issue in this case is defendants’ intentional diversion of client funds and dissipation of client assets in excess of $15 Million. In the order appointing the Receiver, Judge Guilford, among other things, vested the Receiver with the full and exclusive power, duty, and authority to administer and manage the defendants’ business affairs, funds, assets, choses in action and any of their other real and personal property – a huge victory by FSG’s legal team for its client.