- Article – Commercial Evictions Update – Is Your Business Protected?
- Jenna Griffin joins FSG as an Associate
- Stephen “Rusty” Kozak joins FSG as an Associate
- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. again selected as one of “Top Orange County Law Firms”
Surf Industry Waterman’s Ball event
(photo: Bryan and Sandy Friedman, Jim and Gayle Stroffe and Robin Gerard enjoy supporting the Waterman’s Ball)
FSG attorneys and family members recently attended the 25th annual “Waterman’s Ball” on August 9, 2014 at the Ritz-Carlton in Orange County. More than 600 surf industry executives and friends of the environment attended the event, which raises money for the SIMA Environmental Fund. Over the past 24 years, the SIMA Environmental Fund has raised more than $6.5 million for organizations dedicated to protecting and preserving our oceans, beaches and surf breaks. The Waterman’s Ball includes both a silent and live auction, as well as a time of recognition to the 2014 Waterman’s Weekend honorees – individuals who have made a lasting impact on the surf industry and are dedicated to protecting our ocean environment. All funds raised during the Waterman’s Ball are given to the 19 SIMA Environmental Fund beneficiaries – ocean-related environmental organizations dedicated to protecting and preserving our oceans.
Those recognized included two-time world champion Tom Carroll as Waterman of the Year, Golden Globe Award Winner and environmental activist Ted Danson as Environmentalist of the Year, and legendary shaper Rusty Preisendorfer with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Also honored was the family of Hobie Alter, who passed away this year and was the recipient of SIMA’s first Waterman of the Year award.