- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. again selected as one of “Top Orange County Law Firms”
- FSG’s Jim Stroffe featured in Orange County Business Journal’s “Law Firms Special Report”
- Robert Gerard and Bryan Friedman attend Surf Industry Waterman’s Ball event
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard once again selected as one of OC’s top law firms
As any retail professional knows, this year’s International Council of Shopping Centers (“ICSC”) Western Division Conference is being held in San Diego from September 19th-21st. This year’s ICSC conference theme is “Faster, Higher, Stronger” in honor of the London 2012 Olympic Games, and will include relationship building opportunities and educational seminars for attendees. As a former NCAA Division I volleyball player, Jennifer Stroffe, one of FSG’s “Real Estate & Construction” Practice Group members, was selected to participate on the educational panel entitled “Vaulting to Success – How Women have used Sports as a Foundation of their Career.”
Jennifer began her athletic career locally at Corona Del Mar High School where she was recognized as a 2-time first team All-American on its women’s volleyball team, winning unprecedented back-to-back National Championships. After leaving Orange County in 1994, she graduated from UC Santa Barbara summa cum laude; was named All-Big-West and Academic-All-American for UCSB’s nationally ranked NCAA Division I volleyball team in addition to earning her AAA beach volleyball rating; obtained her Masters’ degree from Michigan State in one year while starting for its nationally ranked NCAA Division I volleyball team; and graduated top of her class from Boalt Hall (UC-Berkeley) law school.
After beginning her real estate practice with the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins, a highly prestigious global law firm, Jennifer returned to Orange County to work in commercial real estate transactions in the Real Estate & Construction Practice Group at FSG.
Jennifer credits her ingenuity, work ethic and team approach in her legal practice, in large part, to her athletic training.
To view information on how to register for the conference or the panelists, go to: http://www.icsc.org/srch/mt/descs/2012WS/2012WS.pdf
In the May 7, 2012 issue of the Orange County Business Journal, Jennifer Stroffe was recognized as a prestigious “Women In Business” Nominee. Jennifer was nominated for her specialization in the negotiation and closing of commercial real estate transactions as part of the FSG Real Estate Group and for her accomplishments during her presidency of the commercial real estate industry group, CREW-Orange County.
To view Jennifer’s nomination in the Orange County Business Journal, go to http://www.cbjonline.com/a1ocbj/supplements/WIB_Guide_1205.pdf