- Article – Tenants – Think Twice Before Signing That AIR Lease Form*
- Article “Agreements with Sales Representatives”
- Misclassification of an employee or a contractor can have severe tax and other consequences for the employer.
- Article “Classifying Workers: Contractors or Employees?”
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard, P.C. again selected as one of “Top Orange County Law Firms”
- FSG’s Jim Stroffe featured in Orange County Business Journal’s “Law Firms Special Report”
- Robert Gerard and Bryan Friedman attend Surf Industry Waterman’s Ball event
- Friedman Stroffe & Gerard once again selected as one of OC’s top law firms
“Time to Update Employee Handbooks” article by Gerard and Costanzo
We are approaching a new year in which new employment laws will go into effect. In California, there continues to be a literal tsunami of cases in which specific legal requirements relating to meal and rest periods, work hours, leaves of absence, equal employment opportunity, and other employment requirements are at issue. This can make it difficult even for those employers whose employee policies are well-updated to operate with minimal legal issues, and a potential litigation nightmare for the employer that neglects to stay on top of changes in laws and documenting key company employment issues and policies. Read the full article.